Mary Raven DeMarco, LMBT, RYT
Mary nurtures, supports, and empowers her yoga students and massage clients to live more pain-free, to calm the natural reactivity of the mind in order to listen more deeply and trust in their body and inner wisdom, and to develop the courage to love and live the life they are seeking.
Since discovering a passion for massage therapy and yoga in 1997, both practices have helped Mary balance the stresses and ups and downs of life. While training for long distance running, triathlon, or recovering from pregnancy and childbirth, massage and yoga have been invaluable at staving off injuries and recovering from them when they did occur. The inner yogic practices of mindfulness, cultivating self-love, and the courage to lean into uncomfortable emotions have been invaluable at rewiring emotional reactivity/ defensiveness, anxiety, and anger and have improved her most significant relationships. Drawing from a variety of yoga traditions, Mary’s classes include gentle yoga postures and movements, breathing exercises and relaxation. She gives options for each posture so you can practice listening in and honoring yourself by choosing the variation that meet your needs. Likewise, Mary’s massages integrate a variety of techniques to meet the specific needs of your body and mind.
Mary is especially enthusiastic about supporting women through their fertility journey, pregnancy, and postpartum periods of life to find stability and acceptance as they transition to motherhood. Mary is certified in prenatal massage by Carole Osborne and is a 2015 graduate of the Amala School of Prenatal Yoga. Mary is also a graduate of the Chicago School of Massage Therapy, the Thai Massage School of Thai Bodywork, and Yoga Teacher Training at Greenville Yoga.
Mary Raven DeMarco, LMBT, RYT
- B.A. in Anthropology from Univeristy of Illinois (2001)
- Served 6 years in the Illinois Army National Guard (1998-2004)
- Graduate of the Chicago School of Massage Therapy (2003)
- Licensed Massage/Bodywork Therapist #8392 by the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation
- Licensed Massage Therapist #227-001514 by the State of Illinois Dept of Professional Regulation (through 2012)
- Certified by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (2003)
- Professional Member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- Certified in Pregnancy Massage by the renowned teacher Carole Osborne in San Diego (2005)
- Certified in Myofascial Massage Therapy by the Chicago School of Massage Therapy (2003)
- Studied at the Thai Bodywork School of Thai Massage (2007-2008)
- Has completed over 500 hours of continuing education including training in Reiki, CranioSacral Therapy, Medical Massage, Lymphatic drainage, and yoga.
- Licensed Massage Therapist at Massage Therapy Center of Winnetka in Winnetka, IL (2003-2009)
- Licensed Massage Therapist and Thai bodywork therapist with Massage Peoria, Inc. (2009-2012)
- Licensed Massage/Bodywork Therapist with Raven Massage, LLC (2012-present)
- Graduate of 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training at Greenville Yoga (2013)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance (2012-present)
- Graduate of the Amala School of Prenatal Yoga (2015)