Mary aims to relieve her clients’ pains and stresses so they are calmer, happier, and kinder to the people in their lives. Interested in helping the world be a more peaceful and nurturing place, Mary DeMarco started Raven Massage, LLC upon relocating to Greenville, SC from the central Illinois River Valley in 2012.
Mary earned a B.A. in Anthropology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. While serving six years in the Illinois Army National Guard and working as a Mental Health Professional, Mary attended the 16-month Professional Massage program at the Chicago School of Massage Therapy. Following graduation Mary completed the CSMT Myofascial Massage Therapy certification program, and went on to study and practice Traditional Thai Bodywork. Mary earned her pregnancy massage certification with Carole Osborne, a nationally recognized leader in the field. Mary completed the Yoga Teacher Training program at Greenville Yoga in October 2013, is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance, and is currently completing prenatal yoga teacher certification at the Amala School of Prenatal Yoga.
Mary is a Licensed Massage/Bodywork Therapist by the state of South Carolina. She has been certified by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, and is a Professional Member of the Associated Bodyworkers and Massage Professionals. She continues to enhance her depth of knowledge by taking yearly continuing education. Mary’s background in West African dancing, martial arts, numerous musical instruments, yoga, training for triathlons, and long distance running adds to her intuitive understanding of how the body performs, and what it needs to feel better.
Mary DeMarco, LMBT, RYT
- Graduate of the Chicago School of Massage Therapy (2003)
- Licensed Massage/Bodywork Therapist #8392 by the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation
- Licensed Massage Therapist #227-001514 by the State of Illinois Dept of Professional Regulation (through 2012)
- Certified by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (2003)
- Professional Member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- Certified in Pregnancy Massage by the renowned teacher Carole Osborne in San Diego (2005)
- Certified in Myofascial Massage Therapy by the Chicago School of Massage Therapy (2003)
- Studied at the Thai Bodywork School of Thai Massage (2007-2008)
- Has completed over 500 hours of continuing education including training in Reiki, CranioSacral Therapy, Medical Massage, Lymphatic drainage, and yoga.
- Licensed Massage Therapist at Massage Therapy Center of Winnetka in Winnetka, IL (2003-2009)
- Licensed Massage Therapist and Thai bodywork therapist with Massage Peoria, Inc. (2009-2012)
- Licensed Massage/Bodywork Therapist with Raven Massage, LLC (2012-present)
- Graduate of 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training at Greenville Yoga (2013)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance (2012-present)
- Studying at the Amala School of Prenatal Yoga (2015)